Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I AM A PERSON

 I am a person, who happens to have a disability,


A lot of people see me as one who has no capability.


I am a person, who has got good caring heart,


Who has remained unseen right from the start.


I am a person who has finished school,


where I learned that teachers and peers see me as a fool.


I am a person who feels hurt every day,


Because people say mean things and smack me out of the way.


I am a person who deserves to be fed,


Not sent away every night hungry and off to bed.


I am a person whose sexual boundaries have been broken leaving a void inside me,


That has kept me as a prisoner instead letting me be free.


I am a person who deserves to be treated with dignity, honor, and respect,


Instead I feel like I am a reject.


I am a person who feels broken into pieces like is a puzzle,


because the words inside me had been muzzled.


I am a person who deserves to be treated well,


Instead I am living inside a jail cell.


I am a person who needs to be heard.


Yet no one has stopped and cared enough to listen to any of my words.

2 comments:

  1. Very heart felt poem. Very well written and very powerful emotionally. Keep cheer my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone is effected by domestic violence or sexual abuse- they can call the new 24 hour (365 days a week) domestic violence/ sexual abuse hotline. It called Connect.
    Their is contact info is:

    phone: (Calgary) 403-237-5888, (out of town) 1-888-237-5888

    website: http://www.connectnetwork.ca/

    Connect's address:

    Sheldon Chumir
    Urgent Care Center
    1214 4 Street SW
    Calgary, Alberta

    ReplyDelete